Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Week Two

Shattered Christmas Dreams






An idea that didn't execute as well as I would have liked. I dropped a Christmas ornament (yes, on purpose) then took pictures of it. At first, I started to clone out all the extraneous "stuff" (the ceiling fan, etc.) but then decided to leave it in because it looked more "natural" that way.

It kind of reminds me of all those Christmasses that don't go quite as planned. The stress, the arguments, etc. Fortunately, my family gets along wonderfully, and it doesn't "apply," but I have friends that *hate* the holidays.

The conversion for this one was done to the RAW image in Digital Photo Professional. Then, I adjusted the contrast and saturation (for the color one) on the JPEG. Also cropped and rotated it. I left the rotation for the two different, just to see if the impact is any different.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think the reflections of other things is the room does make it look more real. I like the color version best. There are some warm, rich shades.

January 10, 2007 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I agree with faye. The reflections work really well for me. They are easier to pick up in the color version, so I prefer that one as well.

January 12, 2007 at 1:43 AM  
Blogger asim said...

pretty cool... i'm glad you didn't try removing the reflections which give it perspective and help define the shape of the broken ornament.

January 16, 2007 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the reflections, it gives a lot to look at. I prefer the b&w.

January 19, 2007 at 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home