Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Week 3




Not as happy this week. The weather was gray and overcast, and there was NO detail in the sky. In that respect, I guess it works well for black and white.

This cemetary is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest, in the county. There are a lot of graves with civil war markers on them, and one whole section that dates back to the late 1700s, early 1800s. and there are always a bunch of ravens/crows (can't remember the difference) flying around, so even though it is in the middle of town, it can be kind of spooky.

2 Comments:

Blogger Obsidian said...

I wasn't sure what this shot was until I read the commentary but then started to think "Nice take!". The only observation I would make would maybe to have upped the contrast and made it a tad more monochrome to drive home the age of the place.

January 21, 2007 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Kelly Steele said...

This is a cool shot. My first thought was giant chess pieces. :) I really like the difference between the color and b&w on all your shots.

January 22, 2007 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home