Thursday, February 8, 2007

Week 6




I definitely like the color one best, though the black and white is growing on me.

The conversion of this one is simple enough, I suppose, but it took some doing to get it to where I liked it. I used the Channel Mixer, and had just read that if you set all values to 0, then, one at a time, set the other values to 100, you can get an idea of which channel you need to "work on" the most. So, I did that, and approached this more mathematically (keeping a sum of 100 on the three channels) than I normally do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen P. said...

I like how the colors compliment eachother in the color version but the B&W is definitely more dramatic.

February 25, 2007 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Both of them are very dramatic for me. The contrast on the black and white has serious impact. I can't decide!

Instead of manually changing the channels in the mixer, there is a channel tool that you can just click on red, green, blue to get the same effect. Its usually a tab on the right side in default.

February 26, 2007 at 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home